Rowley Burial Ground
Questions & Answers for RMLP Customers
Click on each tab below to learn more. Don't see your question below? Please call, visit or send us an email.
- 1. Secure Electronic BillPay. Click here to learn more, or to pay now by electronic check or credit card.
- 2. By mail using the enclosed envelope that comes with your bill. Our mailing address is: Rowley Municipal Lighting Plant, PO Box 355, Rowley, MA 01969
- 3. By stopping by our office with cash or a check. Our physical address is 47 Summer St, Rowley, MA. We're open Mon-Fri 7:30am-4pm.
- 4. Monthly ACH. Never miss another discount! Have your electric bill automatically deducted from your bank account on the second to last business day of each month.
Please call us at (978) 948-3992, visit our office or send us an email and we will be glad to generate a duplicate bill for you.
Service changes can be initiated as follows:
New Customers: Stop by our office to fill out an application for your service.
Renters, Commercial and Industrial Customers: Please stop by our office at least a week in advance so that we can complete your paperwork. A deposit is required.
Other Parties: See us to sign up for your service.
* IMPORTANT: Please bring a valid ID.
** All deposits must be paid by cash or by check.
*** New houses require an RMLP Representative assessment before a price is determined.
See RMLP's Terms & Conditions of Service here.
Please call us or stop in Monday-Friday between 8am and 4pm. You can also contact us by Email here. We will help you understand the charge and assist you in reviewing and resolving your issue. We're located at 47 Summer Street in Rowley.
1. Season Reasons: In winter, cold snaps in some months can increase your bill by more than 10% as your heating increases. Because the sun sets earlier, you may use more lighting than you do in other seasons. Also, the type of clothing we wear is usually heavier in winter requiring longer electric dryer time. In cold weather, many people move inside and use more energy for lighting, cooking and entertainment. Even the types of food we cook in winter tend to be different and require longer cooking times.
In summer, the children are home. The hot, humid weather calls for more air conditioning and dehumidifier use. This alone can increase cooling costs by 10% or more. You may also use more energy for cooking outdoors, cleaning, home improvement projects and heating swimming pools.
2. Billing Periods: A typical billing period is between 29 and 31 days, but holidays may make your billing period up to 35 days long. A difference of 5 days on your bill can increase your bill by 17 percent.
3. Holidays: During holidays, you might use more energy for cooking, cleaning, lighting and heating for company.
4. If You Have Electric Heat: Consumption and therefore, the rate at which you are using electricity, adds up quickly—resulting in a higher bill during periods of cold weather.
For outage and safety reasons, please phone us directly 24/7 to report trouble at (978) 948-3992. Your call may be monitored and recorded. Do NOT report outages via email or Facebook. In safety emergencies only, please dial 911.
To report a streetlight out, please call us at (978) 948-3992 or send us an Email here.
YES. IT'S THE LAW. Not including weekends or holidays, you must allow a response time of 72 hours for the area where the work is to be properly marked out. CALL 811 or click here.
Planning a home improvement job? Planting a tree? Installing a fence or deck? WAIT! Whether you are planning to do it yourself or hiring a professional, smart digging means doing the following. CALL DIG SAFE BEFORE YOU DIG at 811.
Please call, do not send an email. A DIG SAFE Representative will send out someone to mark underground facilities. Caution: the depth of utility lines varies and there may be multiple utility lines in a common area.
RMLP has a variety of Financial Hardship and Assistance Forms here. RMLP can also sometimes help steer customers to local groups that can provide help. Please call us at (978) 948-3992.
One free Home Energy Audit is offered to all residential customers. The RMLP contracts with Energy New England (“ENE”) and pays for the cost of the energy audit. The homeowner is responsible for paying any and all energy saving upgrades.
If you would like to request a free Energy Audit of your residence, the Energy New England Representative at the number below can coordinate this service on your behalf. The Energy Audit consists of a certified Energy Advisor who will visit your home and compile a comprehensive energy evaluation report. This report will identify ways to enhance both the energy efficiency and comfort of your home, and potentially reduce energy costs. The homeowner at his/her sole discretion will determine which, if any, energy conservation improvements they desire.
If you would like more information on energy conservation services available to you, please contact the ENE Energy Hotline at 1‐888‐772‐4242.